For almost four years, our process has been:
- 45 minute photography session.
- 60 minutes of editing while you wait/run errands/eat lunch/etc.
- 30 minutes reviewing your images and choosing prints.
- 15 minutes getting your images printed and then paying.
By the time you’re done, it has been between 2-3 hours. I know that, for many, the process is too long. In fact, it would probably deter me from getting my kids’ pictures very often. I don’t have many afternoons to kill… So, we’ve decided to give people the choice to leave after the session!
Introducing EasyFoto. Beginning Monday, May 19th, you will have the choice to be done with the studio experience when your session is over. Of course, we ask that you pay the session price before leaving… Within two hours, you’ll be emailed a link to easily download all of your high-resolution images straight to your computer – as if you had just inserted your disk or flash drive. You receive the same variety and quality of images. As always, we guarantee that you will love your portraits.
The EasyFoto option will cost $8 and has five benefits:
- You’ll be in and out of FotoFly within an hour!
- You will receive a $5 certificate code good for any prints.
- You’ll still receive a 20% discount coupon code for your prints if you order within a week. The prices are the same as the studio prices.
- Any family member or friend can also download the full-sized images if you give them your gallery code. There isn’t a limit to how many times your session can be downloaded. Your parents and brothers/sisters will love this!
- Your session is archived indefinitely. This is a great way to backup your images.
Our software will allow you to easily review each image and choose which images to print from the comfort of your home. Here’s some honesty… This is the big risk for FotoFly: by presenting to you your images in our studio, the likelihood of you printing with us is greater than if you view the images at home. We rely on the printing with us to keep session prices low and stay in business. If our printing sales drop to zero – we’ll need to reconsider the EasyFoto option or raise our session price to stay in business. So, please continue to use us to produce your prints that you use for your walls, scrapbooks, desks, gifts, etc.
There are three main benefits to printing with us:
- The color of our prints is more vibrant and matches reality. The images are crisper.
- The quality of paper we use is dramatically different than what you’ll receive at a discount printer. You can feel the difference.
- You’re supporting FotoFly and keeping us around.
You’ll have two choices for delivery:
- Have your prints held at the studio for you to pick up. They will be ready within 24 hours of you ordering them! (except on Sunday)
- Have them delivered to your home for $2.95 (for regular sized prints). We will ship them within 24 hours!
You will be able to adjust the cropping of your images through the software. We will offer responsive support for any other adjustments you would like to your images before printing.
If you prefer how we have done it in the past, you will still have the option to view your images with an artist an hour after your session. By the way, nothing will change in how we schedule sessions or how much time we allow photographers to photograph sessions.
I’ve uploaded a few into a sample gallery so you can get a feel for what it will be like to use the process. Go to www.fotoflyeasyfoto.com, click on ORDER PRINTS, and then enter ’20141111example’ as the GALLERY ID. Be sure to take the time to read the instructions about how to download at the top of the gallery.
Since the creation of FotoFly, I’ve tried to innovate/improve based on what I would want as a customer. To me, I think the waiting game after the session has been the low point of the FotoFly experience. We want your lasting memory being a talented photographer doing everything he or she can to create amazing portraits for your family (like this) – not spending time on our super nice couches in the front of the studio.
I know that our low price encourages people to come to FotoFly. I also know that the three hour commitment has discouraged people from coming to FotoFly very often. It’s our hope that the low price AND the shortened time and added convenience will make us the obvious choice for frequent family photos – at least until the other studios start doing the same thing and then we’ll have to come up with something else.